“I think we’ve fetishized the cocktail.”–Audrey Saunders to LA Weekly
- Those Londoners know what’s up–next month, look for a giant punch bowl big enough to paddle a boat in at 33 Portland Place. The winning punch recipe will soon be announced by artists Bompas & Parr, collaborating with Courvoisier.
- More good news for LA’s cocktail scene–which is yet to be “fetishized,” according to Audrey Saunders, who will help open The Tar Pit there on Dec. 7.
- Death & Co. rolled out a new menu last night. Details to come…
- Feeling a November chill? Warm up by checking out AMountainofCrushedIce’s best-of tiki drinks from the days of Don the Beachcomber.
- Traveling bartenders will soon be able to lug their tools in a luxury leather bar bag designed by Jim Meehan of PDT for leather crafters Moore & Giles. Good thing bartenders make bank because these puppies are going for $740 a pop.
- Apple brandy is the apple of the bartender’s eye these days, according to the SF Chronicle. Rickhouse’s “Scottish Breakfast” with Germain-Robin Apple Brandy and Glenrothes Select Reserve sounds like a winner!