- Lush Life Productions, in partnership with APPSolute Media, Don Q Rum, and Tito’s Handmade Vodka, recently launched a free iPhone app, “Happy Houred.” Just a few swipes of the fingers and you’ll know which bars are having cheap drinking hours near you, in whichever U.S. city you may be. You can even add your own reviews of the bars and drinks.
- Have you seen that article on VillageVoice.com about where New York mixologists drink during their off hours? (Yes, I wrote it. I know, shameless.)
- Or how about that round-up of last-minute Halloween and Day of the Dead events in NYC? (Again, I am shameless.)
- Nation’s Restaurant News looks at the popularity of the atomizer as a mixology tool.
- Bols is putting on an awesome-sounding contest, “Bols Around the World Shaking Twenties Competition.” Working bartenders are invited to submit cocktail recipes inspired by the Roaring 20s. David Wondrich will choose one North American finalist to go to Amsterdam and compete with five other talented bartenders representing Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and South America. The grand prize winner will win the opportunity to design and create his or her own signature Bols liqueur in Amsterdam with a Bols product developer. Deadline is Nov. 30.