- Tomorrow night, don’t miss an exhibit by saloon artist Jill DeGroff featuring caricatures from her book, “Lush Life: Portraits from the Bar.” There will be live music, and Jill’s husband, Dale “King Cocktail” DeGroff, and son, Leo, will be mixing up drinks. 8 p.m., Jan. 15, Sunny’s Bar, 253 Conover St., Redhook, Brooklyn. RSVP: JD2design@aol.com
- Yellowtail Wines is looking for the best wine-tail recipe. Submit yours before Jan. 22 for a chance to win $1,000.
- NYC Cuban restaurant Havana Central is looking for love potions for a Valentine’s Day-themed cocktail throwdown using aphrodisiac ingredients with Bacardi Rum. The winning drink, chosen by Dale DeGroff, goes on the menu at all three Havana Central locations for the month of February, plus the winner gets dinner for two. Submit entries to LovePotion@havanacentral.com by Feb. 5. (*Extended deadline.)
- Time is running out for Pernod Absinthe’s “Creator Of” art contest. Create an original work of art including the date 1805, the year the absinthe was created, and submit a copy before Jan. 31. First prize is $1,805, second place gets $500, and third place gets $250.
- Speaking of time running out, tomorrow is the deadline for the G’Vine Gin Connoisseur’s Program, which will award the winner with a year’s supply of G’Vine, $3,000, and a trip through Amsterdam, Paris, and London to explore the history of gin (if you win, bring me, will ya?). Even the 12 finalists get to go to Paris and Cognac, France–enter here if you haven’t already.