This was really tough to narrow down, but in no particular order (not to sound like a kindergarten teacher, but they’re all Number 1!), I found that these amazing new cocktail bars made NYC a better place to drink in 2009:
- Dutch Kills, 27-24 Jackson Ave., Long Island City.
- Prime Meats, 465 Court St., Brooklyn.
- Fort Defiance, 365 Van Brunt St., Brooklyn.
- Rye House, 11 W. 17th St.
- The Summit Bar, 133 Ave. C.
- Mayahuel, 304 E. 6th St.
- Raines Law Room, 48 W. 17th St.
- Roneria Caracas, 291 Grand St., Brooklyn.
- Highlands, 150 W. 10th St.
- Ward III, 111 Reade St.