- Mixology icon and salty storyteller Gaz (aka Gary) Regan dishes wisdom on all things gin in his new 354-page book, The Bartender’s Gin Compendium, available for online purchase now.
- Bearded James Beard Foundation award-winner David Wondrich poured Pre-Prohibition cocktails for Stephen Colbert and invented the Colbert Bump.
- Jonathan Pogash is reportedly working on the cocktail menu for the Empire Room, a new cocktail lounge set to open on the ground floor of the Empire State Building this fall.
- As of July 29, NYC has its own chapter of LUPEC (Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails). Lynnette Marrero of cocktail consulting and catering firm Drinks at 6, Eryn Reece of Louis 649, Meaghan Dorman of Raines Law Room, and Katie Darling of White Star are among the founding members.
- And if you are in the NYC area, the Fine Living Network is currently shooting a new reality series, “Bartender Wars,” at a bar on the Lower East Side throughout the month. Want to be an extra and drink for free during the tapings? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, age, number, recent photo, and desired meeting time.